12 March 2013

Signs #3

When I see odd signs and hilarious Engrish on my trips around the city a business proposal often comes to mind: I will become a travelling English merchant going door-to-door to business and companies selling grammar, punctuation and correct spelling from my magical carpet bag. Or I could be like a wonderful fairy-grammar mother who drops by to grant lexical wishes and restore a sense of normalcy to the signs and their English leaving a trail of glitter and confused Japanese people in my wake. But then I think, why would I want to do that? They're hilariously perfect just the way they are. No point messing with a good thing.

I want to live here just so I can give this address to people




Thanks dude but I'd rather not be your anything

A restaurant in Kobe. Is it still politically incorrect if the majority of people can't understand it?

Popular boyband Arashi dressed as pieces of popcorn. There are just. no. words...

1 comment

  1. Its like photo journalism, thanks for presenting photographs of posters, signboards etc. One thing, may you please tell something on japanese haiku,are they in use now?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment random human. I will put you on my list of people to rescue when the zombie apocalypse comes. Promise.

© The Rule Book
Maira Gall