11 June 2013

Hanmer and Hedgehogs

Emma and I took a spin down to Hanmer Springs a while ago to rest, relax and soak in the natural hot springs resort and just take a little holiday for ourselves really. I've never had so much fun on a trip that turned out to be such a disaster. Glossing over the majority of the unfortunate details the lowest point of the trip was on the return journey home when we were driving up a hill in the Rai Valley and the car gave a pop and ceased moving. There was no phone coverage and we were pretty much stranded but luckily a jeep with several forestry workers stopped and towed us to the top of the hill. After leaving the car somewhere safe they then drove us back down the valley to an engineering company run by two lovely brothers who seated us in the canteen and after offering us tea, beer and even wine spent the evening ringing the AA on our behalf and then driving us back to the car when it came time to be towed. We definitely owe them a big thank you cake. I neglected to take my camera out at any point in the trip meaning I have no photographic evidence that it ever occurred (Emma does however, she's far smarter with a camera than me). In place of any photographs from our fun trip of doom here's a video of a hedgehog I spotted under a tree when I was out for a walk the other day. So cute I almost died.





No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment random human. I will put you on my list of people to rescue when the zombie apocalypse comes. Promise.

© The Rule Book
Maira Gall