19 May 2015

Adventures in Embroidery

The title above seems to imply that embroidery is exciting doesn't it? As if it's a mile a minute, non-stop action filled adventure. I mean some of my embroidery is done while I'm on horseback galloping across  fields fleeing the zombies hoards, hurtling towards my space castle* but the majority is done on the couch with a cup of tea and an episode of Game of Thrones.

Adventure Time. Adventures in Embroidery. There's a pun in there somewhere

The picture above is the project that started my obsession. I decided to embroider some Adventure Time characters for my friend's birthday onto some material place mats I found at a charity shop. My brother (who is a huge Adventure Time fan) spotted me making them and asked for his own. Then the youngest saw me making him one and of course he had to have one too. So I sewed and tie-dyed some cushion covers for them and threw on some Adventure Time characters.


Oh my glob, lump off!

After that I was kind of addicted.

Calvin and Hobbes, Zap Brannigan, Majora's Mask, owl, lime, Long family crest embroidery
If you can guess who said the quote in the top right photo you will earn a million cool points

So I've been making pieces and giving them away to worthy humans who deserve a little piece of thread treasure. Although I did keep the Majora's Mask one for myself. Love me some Zelda.

Also, welcome to my new blog. I thought a new name, layout and shiny new pictures/objects might inspire me to write again. I have a new focus in mind for my sort-of new blog and hopefully will be blogging a lot more in the coming months.

*Lies. All lies. The most exciting thing that's happened so far while embroidering is I lost a piece of thread and found it two hours later by the fridge. How did it get there?!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment random human. I will put you on my list of people to rescue when the zombie apocalypse comes. Promise.

© The Rule Book
Maira Gall