23 November 2012

Autumn Leaves

I'm just back from a trip to Mitaki temple, a temple I visited previously during the summer holidays. It was an 11km round cycle, not exactly the Tour De France, but a decent enough distance that I can consider it my exercise done for the day and treat myself to a small bun, a little congratulations for getting up off my arse and going outside. In the summer the temple grounds were verdant, green and lush. Now it's autumn and it's the season for kouyou (autumn leaves), the time of year when the leaves change from their deciduous greens to blazing reds and warm oranges and people come out in droves to admire and photograph them.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment random human. I will put you on my list of people to rescue when the zombie apocalypse comes. Promise.

© The Rule Book
Maira Gall