22 August 2016

Graffiti Alley



The graffiti in this city never ceases to amaze me.


On Sunday afternoon I wandered out to walk to the shops 15 minutes away from my house and accidentally strolled around Toronto for about 4 hours. A huge chunk of Bloor and Yonge streets were pedestrianised for the day and I had forgotten until I got down onto Bloor and saw all the people, dogs and cyclists merrily wandering the streets. So, I thought to myself, I'll just walk a little further and enjoy the freedom of the streets while they're vehicle free and the sun is shining.





10km later I had walked along Bloor, down Yonge, west on College to Spadina (where there was a Chinese street festival taking place) and I thought to myself, well, since I've made it this far I may as well take a trip to graffiti alley as I had yet to go. Naturally I brought no hat or sunscreen because who puts on sunscreen for a 15 minute trip to the shops? Sunburn is a recurring theme of my experience here.




The alley was filled with tons of different artists' work. The photos above were my best picks. Later that evening I also journeyed out to Toronto Islands to catch Young Galaxy play at Wavelength festival and get bitten by ants. Only one of those things was on my to do list. I chronicled my day's adventures on Snapchat (probably my favourite form of social media) so if we aren't already friends, friend me! And you can see more wonderful pictures of Toronto.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment random human. I will put you on my list of people to rescue when the zombie apocalypse comes. Promise.

© The Rule Book
Maira Gall